Saturday, March 19, 2011

The shortcomings of the human mind

Me and the Georgie

Today I sat on the human lady for a little while. Later on, I heard her ask the human man: "Do you think George snuggles with us because he loves us or because he is using us as heating pads?"

Oh. My. George. Why does she think of the two as being mutually exclusive? You can want to do something for two very different reasons at the same time! You can reconcile objectives that seem to be unrelated (heat, affection... not that I'm a softy towards humans or anything). It's called complexity! Why is my human lady such a human ninny?

Besides, all her neediness aside, I know she uses me as a hot water bottle sometimes. The other day she announced that she was cold, grabbed me and hauled me onto the bed. I kicked. I turned. And then I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment